Sunday 23 August 2009

Butterfly clouds!

Yesterday was amazing, I headed up to Glentrool visitor centre (they do great tea and scones!) and because it was such a beautiful day I took my camera. I'm glad I did!

After calling in to see the nesting Swallows (more about them in the update) I headed up towards Bruces' Stone where I got distracted by butterflies. I parked at the car park near the old Caldons campsite and took a walk back along the road, everywhere I looked there were butterflies. Mostly Peacocks, Red Admirals and Painted Ladys. They were visiting all the wild flowers and then taking a rest on the bracken. When cars came down the road to the car park I watched heaps of butterflies take to the sky and then settle back down again on the flowers, it was really lovely.

So if you find yourself at the car park near the old (closed) Caldons Campsite/Southern Uplands Way at Glentrool then check out the flowers and on top of the bracken along the side road that leads to the car park. If the butterflies are all still there the sheer number of them will make you smile like it did me!

Until next time
Yogi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments on the blog. We've got a few house rules:
1. We (Forestry Commission Scotland) will review all comments and reserve the right to not publish them at our discretion.
2. There will be a time delay between submission and posting. Comments posted on Saturdays or Sundays won't be moderated until the following Monday.
3. Please make comments appropriate and relevant.
4. If you've a comment or question about Galloway Forest Park, you can e-mail galloway@forestry.gsi.gov.uk as we might not be able to respond here.
5. We won't publish comments that are abusive, indecent, unlawful or defamatory; published comments may be removed at any time; and individuals are personally liable for the comments they submit.
Thanks!